And I'll tell you what....

Friday, December 17, 2010

Jesus in John b90

I have to admit, I skipped ahead and read Revelation.  I didn't want to end on all the doom and gloom... glad its done!  On to John...Wow!
  Some things that really spoke to me.  Throughout John, Jesus says over and over, Look at the Evidence. If you don't believe what I am saying, look at what I have done, look at my Actions, the evidence of what I am saying is right there, in everything I have Done!  He doesn't get into debates, just says, look at the evidence, my actions prove what I am saying!  This is Exactly where We all should be!!!  
     He also repeatedly states that the proof of His truthfulness is that he is not out to lift himself up, not bringing honor or notoriety to Himself, but to God.  Again another proof of where We should be following His example!  
     John 8:14-18   I Love this!  The Message puts it in a cool way
You decide according to what you can see and touch. I don't make judgments like that. But even if I did, my judgment would be true because I wouldn't make it out of the narrowness of my experience but in the largeness of the One who sent me, the Father. 
     We decide according to the narrow point of view of our own experience and understanding, but God sees the Whole picture and makes His judgement based on His Love and Mercy.  We need to at least Attempt to see it His way before we judge others!
     * 9:41 "If you were really blind, you would be blameless, but since you claim to see everything so well, you're accountable for every fault and failure." Since you claim to see everything so well, you are accountable!  Interesting, if we are ignorant, we aren't accountable, but as soon as we think we know it all, we are Accountable to Obey!
    After Judas leaves to do his thing, Jesus is speaking to those who are closest and who are with him, a private moment with them, the last Important message he has for them, summing up of everything they should have learned up to now!  He Says...34-35"Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other." 
      I liked the feeling that Jesus was talking with his closest friends, giving them the secret for how to deal with what was going to happen next, seems like an intimate little discussion. He says that others are going to know who you are by the love you have for each other!
I have been studying apologetics lately and I just Love how Jesus addresses the questions of who or what He is ~ just look at the Evidence~ no argument, just look at the Evidence!



No comments:

Post a Comment