And I'll tell you what....

Thursday, November 11, 2010

Psalms B90

Going back and forth between NKJV and Message.... Love the poetry but Message is interesting... There is just so much to each of these chapters!  Interesting how David goes from ranting and raving that God has left him to praising Him for all the help!  David is Bi-Polar!  Actually I think he was just Enthusiastic.  Everything was worth saying; his doubts, worries, complaints, self-pity and all his enthusiastic praise for the Lord.  He has a freedom to express his heart and he didn't seem to feel that he needed to say what he was Supposed to say, just let it all hang out.  Of course, I think that being a poet/singer etc. helped him to express himself.  
     Since there is No Poetry in me, I find myself thinking that I am supposed to pray and talk to the Lord in all the fancy words like David, or the great preachers, as though God listens better if the words are beautiful and flowing. Only when I'm not really Thinking about it, I just talk to Him.  But I don't ever let anyone Hear me. I wonder if my kids are learning that they need special words too.  Hmmm  Gotta work on that!
Almost to the middle of the bible.... Psalm 117 if you go by chapters.... think I will just look at page numbers and figure it from there!  hehehe

No comments:

Post a Comment